Sunday, July 26, 2015

Enjoy the Journey


Those of you who have been following my journey to become a Certified Creatively Fit Coach know that I've incorporated a daily painting practice into my life.  This month has been a challenge on that front.  With a 10-day, much needed vacation in the middle of July, I missed painting on those days (although I had a TREMENDOUS time anyway!!).  To top that off, this month all of us in the program are painting 10 paintings -- one on top of the other!  On one hand, that's great.  Paintings become more interesting with every layer.  It's very easy to paint over an image that isn't my favorite.  In fact, when an image is not my favorite, I know that I'll like the next one better.

On the other hand, I really like some of the paintings.  It's hard to let go of the "product" when I really like it.  So, I'm focusing on the process, instead of the product.  It really doesn't matter that I'm painting over an image that speaks to me.  The next layer will also speak to me.  Here are a few images of my own Painting 10k:





This is part of our Vision Quest, where we're learning to have a "canvasation" -- a conversation with the canvas.  This is a great exercise to take the time to listen to your right-brain -- the intuitive side of your intelligence.  I've learned that when something starts appearing out the blue, I need to pay attention to it.  I cannot tell you how many dragonflies I've seen this month!  They aren't all that common here in Northern Virginia, but I've seen them anyway.  The dragonfly almost always represents change or transformation.  It's a really amazing insect that can fly in six different directions and with a lot less effort than other insects.  The image above is my "harmonious dragonfly", and I love this one so much, I haven't yet been able to bring myself to paint over it:).  Right now, it's on the wall in my art studio/office, right above a sign I bought on vacation that says "This is my happy place".  For those of you who have been following my posts, you will understand when I say that my daddy is still with me!!

My certification will be complete on September 11, and on that same day, I'm going to begin helping a couple of folks begin their own Vision Quest, centered around this painting practice I keep talking about.  If this sounds like something you'd like to do, or you just want some additional information, please comment on the blog or send me a message.  Or, if you're ready to sign-up (and get a big discount!), you can do that by clicking here.

You want to create change, to invest in what you know is POSSIBLE for you, and to open up and expand the way you feel about your life. Vision Quest is your next open door. Your Creatively Fit Coach (that will be me) is here to hold you accountable, tailor the experience to your needs and love you through the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment